Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Last Hour are invited to read in the patio of Rosebud Coffee on 2302 E. Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena or at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, August 20th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Friday, August 12, 2022

Veronica Jauregui

There's no hiding from the moon

Mostly it likes to talk all night 

Make the loins yearn for someone 

Always too far away near in the dark 

Of the night in the stretch the moon 

Takes us I could hear you all that way 

The moon serves as a paper cup with string 

You hold the other cup at the end of the string 

I wonder about this crazy day you wonder how 

I made it out of mine a broken car twice in one day 

I hear you and your voice is the chord that plays 

That jitters my heart these days plays muse to my

Fingers makes me dream and fantasize into pillow 

Come here you say follow the moon to me 

How we become naked in this moon 

It's not the loss of everything acceptance of bodies 

Seeing at night knowing each other bare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thomas A Thomas

Jealous of the sun Will you forgive me, she asks. The sun was shining  and I hiked-up my skirt and opened my knees.