Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Last Hour are invited to read in the patio of Rosebud Coffee on 2302 E. Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena or at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, August 20th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Shih-Fang Wang

Final Ending 


The last hour of life

Shall come

Like it or not


Even if one is not ready

Still the life fetcher 

Will show up without delay


Who would know

How to prepare 

For a journey unknown 


Facing this ending so final

Fear may occupy the mind

As resistance is futile


Why not settle with peace 

No more burden to the weary soul

With regrets too late to mend


Just drift with the flow

Nature will take over

To impose our return to dust


The heart will strike its last beat

The brain will slip into oblivion

All senses succumb to eternal rest 




Let Go 


Let go your anger

Let go your despair

Let go your hatred


Don’t know what troubles you

But your face is full of anguish 

Eyes brim with tears


Clinging to things 

That consume your essence

Prevents you from chasing dreams


Don’t wait until the last hour

When you have no choices

But to let go of everything


While the sun is still shining

Shift your vision to brighter scenes

To enliven your days


Allowing vengeance burning

Only amplifies pain 

Deepens bitterness


Let go 

Free your heart

For peace to stay 

 



Before Parting


Their melancholy intensified

In the last hour 

As if with sadness

Time would go slower


But they knew no matter 

How much they wished me to stay

I still had to leave


They stuffed as many things

As they could into my suitcase

Until it almost burst with their love


When it’s time to go

Mom would tear up

Dad a quiet person

Would naggingly remind me

To take care of myself


Watching their frail figures and gray hair

I knew times left for me to visit them 

Were decreasing and once again 

I used up another chance 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thomas A Thomas

Jealous of the sun Will you forgive me, she asks. The sun was shining  and I hiked-up my skirt and opened my knees.