Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: Last Hour are invited to read in the patio of Rosebud Coffee on 2302 E. Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena or at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, August 20th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Monday, August 8, 2022

Alicia Viguer-Espert


The Quiet Hour 


When the sun sinks below the horizon and 

the earth steeps into the golden tea of dusk

fast, stronger, darker 

I get it,

to my lips though I cannot see it.


Then,


I sit quietly with closed eyes,

upturned hands resting on thighs.

Slowly a faint glow illuminates the air,

I smile

watching the nescient light filling 

my tea cup until it runneth over. 



Previously Published, Spectrum Special Edition: Ten Poets to Watch in 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thomas A Thomas

Jealous of the sun Will you forgive me, she asks. The sun was shining  and I hiked-up my skirt and opened my knees.